And now a fun post

Now onto actual gaming stuff.

In no particular order, here are some games I like, and probably will talk about at some point.
  • B/X Essentials
    • This is probably my favorite game currently
  • Labyrinth Lord
  • D&D
    • OD&D
    • B/X
    • 3.5
    • 4E
      • Sidenote: of the above, I've only ever played/run 3.5 & 4E, my interest in B/X and OD&D is mostly a matter of historic/academic interest. I don't think I'd actually run any TSR developed games as I think retroclones are better organized.
  • The Black Hack and variants thereof
  • Apocalypse World and variants thereupon
    • Admittedly, I have only played 1 session of Monster of the Week. I honestly have a hard time grokking AW/PbtA games for some reason.
  • Probably some of the silly games by Grant and Chris 
    • Honey Heist
    • Trashkin
    • Jason Statham's big vacation
I don't particularly care for, and probably won't talk about these games much
  • FATE
  • GURPS
  • DCC
  • Champions
  • HERO System
  • Really, anything that's a point-buy generic system is not my thing
  • 5th Edition D&D. I honestly can't differentiate between it and 3.5 much of the time and the removal of the Warlord pissed me off.
I sorta like some of the stuff in WoD and Shadowrun, but hate the systems, and much of the content has a lot of real world problematic stuff. I also feel like WoD and Shadowrun take themselves a bit too seriously. At most, what I like about Shadowrun is that it's a mash-up of cyberpunk and fantasy; and what I like about WoD is that it's about playing folkloric monsters in modern day. I have a project to sort of combine them in a simpler system, but it's been on the backburner for forever and I only have so much mental space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Witches, Wizards, and Warlocks

Hypnophage

Underwater Adventures?